article by: Stefan Aronsen
Kevin Lawler presents Clarity: Design Encounters at the Edge of the World
“Clarity” is a survey of the astonishing boundaries of design & technology. What is the polar opposite of minimalism? What does Picasso have in common with Jeff Bezos? Who’s right in the design war between Apple and Samsung?
- Design is everything you put on top.
- Good design is good and bad design is bad.
(not simple is good and complex is bad)
- What is the Cloud?
(hint, it’s not storable on your PC computer)
- Pablo Picasso was criticized for his line drawings.
- Kevin Lawler loves Apple products… and so do a lot of Apple competitors… you can see it simply by looking at their designs.
- The key to good design is “easy to use and well designed.”
Kevin Lawler is an entrepreneur and iOS app builder. His apps have appeared in six Apple commercials. Before coming to California he worked on the search team at Etsy. kevinlawler.com.